Thursday, March 1, 2018

Origin of Roman Catholic Church - 70

Continued from previous post –

In fact, Jesus’ statements about himself contradict the notion that he was simply a great man or a prophet. On more than one occasion, Jesus referred to himself as God’s Son. This also means he meant by that all humans are sons of God! When asked whether he thought it far-fetched for Jesus to be the Son of God, Some critics say,
No, it’s not far-fetched to me. Look, the secular response to the Christ story always goes like this: He was a great thinker because he never proposed any new religion during his teachings. He always wanted that Jews improve their approach to God! It was after his passing out of that region, that some smart people like Paul and Peter using his name, established new order of religion opposite Judaism.

Obviously, a very interesting person, had a lot to say along the lines of other great prophets, But actually Christ doesn’t allow you that. He doesn’t let you off the hook. Christ says, No. I’m not saying I’m a teacher, don’t call me a teacher. I’m not saying I’m a prophet….I’m saying I’m God incarnate.” And people say: No, no, please, just be a prophet. A prophet we can take.” This modification is most likely introduced by later priesthood and that to help them make easy to open a new religion. putting many says in His mouth so that they can comfortably establish a new faith in his name and profit by it!

Today we may call him by our modern style that he was another thinker and wanted to enlighten the masses by his vision. Before we examine Jesus’ claims, it is important to understand that he made them in the context of the Jewish belief in one God (monotheism). No faithful Jew would ever believe in more than one God. And Jesus believed in the one God, praying to his Father as, “the only true God.” That means clearly he was calling God as his Father or Father for all people.
But in that same prayer, Jesus spoke of having always existed with his Father. And when Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father, Jesus said, “Philip, have I been with you so long and you don’t know me? Whoever has seen me, has seen the Father.” So the question is: “Was Jesus claiming to be the Hebrew God who created the universe?”

Continues in the next post –

You may contact me on my Email ID given below,
You are invited to visit my other blogs
Ashok Kothare, http://ashokkotharesblog.blogspot.com/ for stories
I reckon, http://kotharesviews.blogspot.com/ for philosophy
You may visit blog, Freedom of Expression,
Freedom of Expression, http://kothare-thinks.blogspot.in/

Marathi blog, http://kothare-marathi.blogspot.in/ मला असे वाटते 

No comments:

Post a Comment